CFA AGM/CONFERENCE NOW VIRTUAL BY EMAIL ON 21 JAN 21
Due to the Covid crisis it has become impossible to hold our usual AGM and Conference as a ‘real’ event in our usual way. However, we are going to mirror this much anticipated highlight of the CFA calendar by presenting the conference as a ‘virtual’ event in the form of an ‘AGM/conference email’ with the help of links to pre-prepared reports and video presentations
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE AGM/CONFERENCE EMAIL
The email program will be as follows:
• AGM: Chairman, Finance & Administrative Manager’s reports
• Q & A Session: prepared questions and answers from members
• New Stallholders Gallery: 3-minute videos of each participating new stallholder
• Stallholder Speed Presentations: 3-minute videos of each participating stallholder
• Fair Organiser Presentations (NEW FOR 2021): 3-minute videos of each participating fair organiser
• Both the 2021 Stallholders Directory and 2021 Fairs List will be available as an attachment that can be downloaded and printed (There will be no hard copies this year)
We are all missing the personal connections and networking on the fair circuit. Stallholders are missing information on fairs and fairs are not benefiting from face to face meetings with stallholders. We highly recommend that members take this opportunity to showcase their businesses and fairs by video on the ‘AGM/conference email’. You will be sent an email to explain the process of the videos and the Q&As session in due course.
WHY IS ALL THIS RELEVANT TO YOU?
At the time of going to press, there is a real possibility that our schedule of events can return to normal for the 2021 fair season. However, we want them not just back to NORMAL, but even BETTER!
We feel that now is the time to regroup and plan for the year ahead. Despite frustrations we have faced in 2020, members have been busy and in the true spirit of the CFA, everyone has worked hard to come up with great, innovative ideas and developments which will be of huge benefit going forward:
• Fair organisers have done an amazing job developing virtual fairs, offering stallholders a sales platform as well as helping raise money and encouraging donations to their charities. In 2021, how will these work alongside the return of the ‘real’ fairs?
• Stallholders have worked hard to improve their websites, making sure that they are working smoothly and ensuring that their social media is prominent. This must make them stronger for 2021.
This all needs to be shared and we believe the short videos, thoughts and comments from all our members will serve to do this.
NOW FOR A BIT OF NOSTALGA…..
TESTIMONIALS FROM CFA MEMBERS FROM PAST CONFERENCES
• ‘Brilliantly organised and packed to the gunnels with interesting info and great networking.’
• ‘I wanted to write to say thank you for a really good conference last week. Both my colleague and I thought it was a very worthwhile day – good content, interesting mix of stallholders and lots of excellent information sharing.’
• ‘I found the day hugely helpful, had great interest in my pictures and met lots of lovely new contacts. Even though I have been trading for five years now I am never the less absolutely delighted that I have joined the CFA, I love your ethos and the hugely sensible concept of getting fair organisers and stall holders together, I wish I’d joined five years ago!’
• ‘Lovely to see you and all of the fab CFA team last week. Thanks for such a great conference. Brilliantly efficient as always.’
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in 2022 at a bumper AGM & Conference!
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE CFA AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY BY BECOMING A MEMBER SEE www.charityfairsassociation.co.uk OR CALL ANNABEL PECKHAM ON 07887 973390
#conference #stallholders #retailbusiness #charityevent #shoptogive #fairorganiser #newmembersgallery #speedpresent #virtualconference #videos